J. Kyle Braid Leadership Foundation Events
If you’re a high school athlete and aren’t receiving inquiries from coaches, aren’t being actively recruited or are displeased with the level of activity you’ve encountered to date, you should consider looking at RecruitU2. We have helped hundreds of student athletes get recruited to play their sport in college and we are the only web site that helps student athletes pro-actively promote themselves directly to college coaches.
The System is Tilted
In the U.S. today the recruiting process is completely tilted toward the top 1-2% of high school athletes. They’re the athletes who receive press coverage, are focused on by parents and competing coaches and are tracked from the 7th or 8th grade by college coaches and recruiters. The vast majority of college recruiting funds and efforts are spent on finding these elite athletes. The entire focus is on the top 1-2%. If, on the other hand, you’re part of the remaining 98% of all high school athletes, you will be lucky to be recognized or recruited by any college coach, much less the top tier DI schools. College coaches just don’t know you’re there and available. They don’t know you, how good you are and how good you can become.
You Need a Plan
For college coaches to find you, you need a plan, a process and a way to push through the clutter of the other 3.5 million high school junior and senior interscholastic athletes each year in the U.S. You need a system that helps you be recognized as a potentially valuable college athlete. A system that will make you known to numerous college coaches. It means not relying solely on your high school coach to get you recruited, not relying on being scouted at one of your events, not relying on college coaches researching you on some local or regional web site, but rather, introducing yourself to every coach from every school that supports your sport and where you qualify academically.
Why We’re Different
Unlike other web sites that encourage you to post a profile on their web site or offer to scout you and put a scouting report on their web site (for $800-$5,000), RecruitU2 helps YOU market yourself directly to coaches. RU2 isn’t important, YOU are. Coaches shouldn’t have to come to a web site to find you, they should hear from you directly. That is what we do – give you the system to contact every coach, introduce yourself and showcase your academics, extra-curriculars and athletic abilities.
We are the only pro-active service that helps you build a professional athletic profile (providing the specific information coaches look for), identify the schools that support your sport and where you qualify academically (our site does that for you), helps you create an introductory letter to the coaches and then sends your information directly to each coach, individually, FROM YOU and your email address. We help you introduce yourself to hundreds of college coaches, nationally, to ensure the colleges where you would best fit are aware of your existence.
You Gain Leverage
Getting recruited is just like finding the perfect job. You don’t wait for the job to find you, you find the job. The more prospective employers offering you a job, the more leverage you have with each of them individually. Multiple companies interested in you means you can negotiate from a position of strength.
Getting recruited and negotiating the best opportunity at a college is exactly the same as the employment example above. The more coaches who want you to play for them, the better your negotiating position with each coach.
Maximize Your Athletic Skills
If you’re realistic and recognize that you are never going to be a pro or Olympian, but want to continue playing in college and, want to leverage your athleticism to your benefit, you need RecruitU2. Your athletic abilities make you unique and can help ensure that you get accepted to the best possible college at the best possible price.
The Sooner, The Better
Don’t wait until every other high school athlete begins getting recruited before you select RecruitU2. You should start your recruiting efforts as early as the beginning of your Junior year and no later than Spring Break of your Senior year. Whether you’re currently a Junior or a Senior, you need to act NOW.
Coaches are looking for recruits, make sure they recruit YOU.