Nerf and step bars are also commonly known as running boards or side tubes. As the latest breeds of trucks are getting taller the need of nerf bars has become as essential as to have truck bed liners, trailer, truck lids and covers and many other useful truck accessories. They not only add functionality to the automobile but also provide a smooth sleek look. Other benefits of step bars include:
– An extra step up into the truck or cab
– Provides safe stepping in any weather conditions
– High-caliber material with excellent overall strength
– Available in a range of styles, finishes and shapes to match other accessories
– Quick installation
If you are out in the market to purchase nerf bars, here are some helpful pointers that you can consider for the best buying experience.
Selecting Perfect Nerf Bars
You may purchase nerf bars from dealers and after-market truck accessories shops. The aftermarket dealers may include wider variety to be chosen at a lesser rate with many well customized options.
Typically nerf bars are available in two types:
1. Highly polished stainless steel construction with reflective finish that does not fade, corrode or diminish.
2. Powder coated chrome accessories with flawless surface that defends against scratches and chips.
You may also find some step bars in aluminum and dark Grey or matte black finish but stainless steel bars are the strongest, long lasting and a better choice. The latest are the automated nerf bars that hides under the truck when not required and automatically extends on use. If your budget allows, such automated bars can make your truck the most stylized vehicle.
The nerf bars are easy to install with no hassle bolt mounting installation. It would hardly take an hour to get these bars installed without any damage to the inner or outer body of the truck.
Some Quick Tips
Step bars would serve you for years and for this reason it is imperative to select one that you can indubitably use in any condition. Here are some handy tips for the best selection:
– Consider the length of the bar to suit your vehicle
– Select the bars that matches to other accessories
– Consider the weight bearing capacity according to your use
– For full size pickup trucks, wheel to wheel bars are recommended
– You can also select custom step bars that match the automobile color and style
– For extra capacity and strength, choose reinforced bars that can bear a weight of up to 500 lbs